We are often asked questions by both existing and prospective clients regarding our software. These could be questions relating to features, functions or when a client is attempting to troubleshoot a user generated error. To deliver the answers in an efficent manner, we have here incuded below the most commonly asked questions and answers.
We constantly update this page so please use it as your reference point. If the answer to a question is not present here then please contact us by email and we’ll be only too happy to help.
FAQ Usage: Simply click on the questions below to show / hide the answers.
1. Will I get the results that you are getting? I have in the past bought software that delivered different results than those that were shown.
2. Axis updates are FREE?
3. Can’t edit a csv or text file in Axis Settings Folder. File presents like read only.
1. ‘Not Responding’. I tend to get this message, what is the problem?
2. Can I have an additional licence for my work computer/laptop?
AXIS RACE DAY PORTAL
1. About the Live Updates, does that have to run all the time? I’m on a limited internet plan.
2. I am trying to see some data, but the columns are gone. + When I look in yesterday's file I see certain data, but in today's file it is not there.
Note: while we let you view data outside of your subscription level, you won’t be able to use it in system tests or the consensus panel. Still, you can see the analysis for these form elements in system tests even if you can’t use them, again in order to make an informed decision should you wish to upgrade your subscription level.
Note 2: Please ensure that you are not hiding the columns, check your Columns Set up for RDP to check this.
3. I was doing manual scratchings in the RDP, it seems like a really inefficient process.
For Early Scratchings and Track Condition changes in a BULK manner for entire meetings and races at a time, Professional clients have access to Pro Functions where that is possible and is designed to be quick and as painless as manual scratchings can possibly get.
AXIS INSTALLATION / UPDATES
1. Do I have to pay for updates?
2. Axis is updated quite often, why?
3. I’m busy! Do I have to install every update?
4. Will I be able to handle the updates I’m not too computer savvy?
5. I was updating and now Axis is gone and I have no installation file.
Axis utilises one and the same installation file to firstly uninstall the old version of Axis and then install a new version of Axis. By not having the installation file SAVED (on your desktop) you can’t perform the second step; and install the new version of Axis.
When you get the installation link, download the file and continue by installing Axis and then follow any installation instructions in the Release letter.